Aeronautical Engineering Level 2 (NVQ Only)
The primary objective of the Aeronautical Engineering NVQ is to contribute to the development of a skilled workforce as a whole. This can be done where possible by integrating NVQ’s in to the organisation’s model. These NVQ’s are suitable for those seeking recognition of their competence in one or more of a wide variety of activities and for maximum flexibility to meet the needs of semi-skilled and skilled workers engaged in aeronautical engineering.
Applicants can be considered for The Aeronautical Engineering NVQ if they have GCSE’s grade E or above or are occupationally competent a level 2 and have a record of good attendance and reports. It is essential to be working in the industry in a job role that can provide the range of tasks required to complete the level 2 and have the support of your employer. You must have the ability and will to succeed, self-motivation and enthusiasm, be hard working and able to work as part of a team. All applicants will be required to attend an interview and undertake an initial assessment to assess numeracy and literacy skills.
WHAT WILL I LEARN
NVQs are based on what a person needs to be able to do and know to be competent in the workplace.
You will learn about:
• Complying with statutory regulations and organizational requirements
• Using and interoperating engineering drawings and documents
• Working Effectively and efficiently in engineering
• Reinstating the work area on completion of aircraft engineering activities
HOW WILL I LEARN?
• Within the programme, students receive full support in their skill development and acquisition of competence. Specialist learning support is available. Students are assessed through practical observation of skills, questioning and portfolio evidence.
• An assessor will visit you in your workplace to discuss with both you and your employer your progress and monitor the NVQ targets that you are working towards.
BENEFITS OF THE QUALIFICATION
The Aeronautical Engineering NVQ benefits both employers and employees by offering alternative pathways and choice within pathways to suit the widest possible range of needs.
For employers the qualification can:
• Assist with recruitment and retention
• Boost employee morale and motivation
• Improve productivity and reduce rework
• Demonstrate the quality of the workforce to existing and potential consumers
• Help reduce workplace accidents
For employees the qualification can:
• Provide evidence of the ability to do a particular job
• Help improve career development/promotion chances
• Give a sense of achievement
• Be gained on the job
• Be completed at a time and place to suit