Electrical and Electronic Engineering (NVQ Level 2)
The primary objective of the Fabrication and Welding Engineering NVQ is to contribute to the development of a skilled workforce as a whole. This NVQ is suitable for those seeking recognition of their competence in one or more of a wide variety of activities including, installation and testing of electrical/ electronic and mechanical equipment, electrical motors, and generators, controlling semiconductor manufacturing processes and leading electronic component manufacture. The pathways available ensure that this qualification offers a wide choice for candidates and employers alike when seeking and industry for electrical and electronics work.
Applicants can be considered for The Electrical and Electronic Engineering NVQ if they have GCSE’s grade E or are occupationally competent to level 2. You should have a record of good attendance and reports. It is essential to be working in the industry in a job role that can provide the range of tasks required to complete the level 2 and have the support of your employer. You must have the ability and will to succeed, self-motivation and enthusiasm, be hard working and able to work as part of a team. All applicants will be required to attend an interview and undertake an initial assessment to assess numeracy and literacy skills. Your employer will be contacted to support your application
WHAT WILL I LEARN
NVQs are based on what a person needs to be able to do and know to be competent in the workplace.
You will learn
- Complying with statutory regulations and organizational requirements
- Using and interoperating engineering drawings and documents
- Working Effectively and efficiently in engineering
HOW WILL I LEARN?
- Within the programme, students receive full support in their skill development and acquisition of competence. Specialist learning support is available. Students are assessed through practical observation of skills, questioning and portfolio evidence.
- An assessor will visit you in your workplace to discuss with both you and your employer your progress and monitor the NVQ targets that you are working towards.
BENEFITS OF THE QUALIFICATION
The Electrical and Electronic Engineering NVQ benefits both employers and employees by offering alternative pathways and choice within pathways to suit the widest possible range of needs.
For employers the qualification can:
- Assist with recruitment and retention
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness in the workplace
- Boost employee morale and motivation
- Improve productivity and reduce rework
- Demonstrate the quality of the workforce to existing and potential customers
- Improve health and safety in the workplace
For employees the qualification can:
- Identify recognized competences required for individual tasks
- Provide evidence of ability to do a particular job.
- Help improve career development/promotion chances
- Give a sense of achievement
- Be gained on or off the job
- Be completed at a time and pace to suit