If you’ve got formal Customer Service training and qualifications, you’re an asset to any modern business. An NVQ in Customer Service lets you strengthen the skills you use to do your job, helps you fill in any training gaps you might have and gain valuable qualifications at the same time.
If you deal with customers as part of your job, you are responsible for ensuring they have a positive experience of your company, so it’s vital that you have the skills to deliver first-class customer queries. This course explores what customer service is all about. You’ll learn how to deliver the positive customer service experience that’s key to building a loyal customer base. You’ll see real-life examples of ways to make your customers feel good about your organisation, its products and its services.
The NVQ in Customer Service is a nationally-recognised programme, designed by employers to meet the needs of today’s businesses. You can tailor-make your own NVQ, allowing you to focus on and develop the Customer Service skills that you use most often.
There are no formal entry requirements but candidates must be working or volunteering in an environment where they are having direct contact with customers.
WHAT WILL THE INTERVIEW INVOLVE
Your employer will be contacted to support your application. The interview will include explanation of what will be required on the course and the requirements.
WHAT WILL I LEARN
NVQs are based on what a person needs to be able to do and know to be competent in the workplace
To successfully complete this qualification you must complete 2 mandatory units plus any 5 of the optional units which are relevant to work environment.
- Prepare yourself to deliver good customer service
- Provide customer service within the rules.
Theme: Impression and Image
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Process customer service information
- Live up to the customer service promise
- Make customer service personal
- Go the extra mile in customer service
- Deal with customers in writing or using ICT
- Deal with customers face to face
- Deal with customers by telephone.
- Deliver reliable customer service
- Deliver customer service on your customer’s premises
- Recognise diversity when delivering customer service.
Theme: Handling Problems
- Recognise and deal with customer queries, requests and problems
- Resolve customer service problems.
- Theme: Development and Improvement
- Develop customer relationships
- Support customer service improvements
- Develop personal performance through delivering customer service.
HOW WILL I LEARN?
An assessor will visit you in your workplace to discuss with both you and your employer your progress and monitor the NVQ targets that you are working towards.
You will be expected to work through the learning materials at your own pace. It is important to set yourself targets to make sure that you progress steadily through the award. Your assessor will support you by checking your progress with the learning materials and assessing your practice in the workplace. You will have a portfolio of evidence which includes records of your observations, activities and supporting materials.
BENEFITS OF THE QUALIFICATION
For employers the qualification can:
- Establish clear customer service standards to increase levels of customer care
- Create a business culture that focuses on exceeding customer expectations
- Use every contact with customers as an opportunity to build you reputation
- Deliver excellent service to improve customer loyalty, increase repeat sales and encourage recommendations and referrals
- Avoid costly disputes by increasing awareness of a customer’s legal rights
- Keep customer information safe and confidential to comply with data protection legislation
- Reduce staff turnover and improve motivation by enabling employees to work towards a nationally recognised qualification
For employees the qualification can:
- Explain the importance of good customer service
- Identify the ‘golden rules’ of good customer service
- Describe your organisation’s products and services
- Understand your role in providing consistent and reliable customer service
- Understand the major pieces of legislation that affect Customer Service
- Understand how to keep company and customer information confidential
Call us on 01983 550 609 for further information.
Call us on 01983 550 609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
See single listing